Subject: converting pes files to jef files

You are not authorized to post a reply.   
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages

19 Oct 2007 4:15 AM Alert 
Could anyone tell me how I can convert PES files to jef files

Kathy

19 Oct 2007 6:41 AM Alert 
To change a pes file to a jef all you have to do is go up to file and select save as and scroll down to jef and pick your location ,such as a floppy and save it.

05 Dec 2007 3:12 AM Alert 
I was eavesdropping on the conversation as I was wondering the same thing.  I downloaded some free PES designs from the net, and windows won't open the files.  I clicked on the file and tried what you said to do, and there is no option to "Save As".  I believe I have to open the file first which I can't do.  Do I need to purchase a conversion software to enable me to use these PES designs?  Thanks for any info.

06 Dec 2007 4:27 PM Alert 

I'm having the same issue.  I'm brand new to this, having purchased a janome.  I want some .pes designs converted to .jef, and have downloaded the free conversion software your company provides (thanks!), but when I try to open the .pes software, my pc gets an error that it can't find what program to open the .pes in...so therefore I can't convert it.

I'm sure this is something really simple that I'm missing.

Help please.

07 Dec 2007 12:17 AM Alert 
I found something that worked for me. There is a free software that will allow you to open any format and save it as any format. It can be found at http://www.pulsemicro.com/ambassadordownload. Try it, it works. Good luck!

Sue
Novice

11 Apr 2008 1:43 AM Alert 

I have 2 Janome machines and both have to be converted to jef or sew. You need a software program to do this for you. You and download some free software however I purchased Embird which givesw a lot more options in their program.

I also compiled a Emboidery file librairy so when you sdave your files, you know where to find them. It is already set up. If anyone is interested in this file let me know by post. I save my files and then convert them as I need them. Most files are zipped so you will need to download Winzip or some other  program. Embird has winzip already installed. You can down load Embird for a trial along with many other free trial programs.

smiles,

ms_scarlet

21 Apr 2008 4:56 PM Alert 
You can convert all your files at embroiderydesigns.com. They have free conversion software on line. Good luck! Marion

22 Apr 2008 1:34 AM Alert 
Use embird software to convert it.

09 May 2008 9:17 PM Alert 
Hi Just read your post and yes I would be intrested in THE Embroidery file librairy that you have set up. It is very good of you to offer your this to everyone.

Thank You
  Cuddles

Novice

11 May 2008 12:18 PM Alert 
There is a free software that will allow you to open any format and save it as any format. It can be found at http://www.embird.com/sw/embird/newdown.htm. Try it, it works. Good luck!
The latest version can open:pec/eps/dat/exy/fxy/uxy/bro/phc/xxx/stx/tap/jef/sew/exp/ksm/pcs/pcm/vip/dsb/dst/dsz/100/hus/t03/t01/t04/t05......

JOY

www.joyitrade.com
www.subaru-china.com
subaru@vip.163.com

14 May 2008 7:01 AM Alert 
ms_scarlet:I have 2 Janome machines and both have to be converted to jef or sew. You need a software program to do this for you. You and download some free software however I purchased Embird which givesw a lot more options in their program.

I also compiled a Emboidery file librairy so when you sdave your files, you know where to find them. It is already set up. If anyone is interested in this file let me know by post. I save my files and then convert them as I need them. Most files are zipped so you will need to download Winzip or some other program. Embird has winzip already installed. You can down load Embird for a trial along with many other free trial programs.

RE: YOUR ABOVE POST I AM VERY MUCH INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT MACHINE EMBROIDERY, AS I'M NEW TO THIS ART. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO DOWNLOAD DESIGNS ON PC AND THEN TRANSFER THEM TO THE MACHINE. IS THERE A WAY TO RESIZE OR EDIT THE DESIGNS...
YHANX IN ADVANCE
Novice

23 Sep 2008 7:04 AM Alert 
I have a Janome 9700 and have converted my designs from pez to Jef. this works well for the Janome 11000 emb. machine, BUT the 9700 works on the 10000 soft ware (which is also jef). how do I convert my pez designs to jef which is compatible to the 9700?
the designs as said before have been copied over, have put them on a 256mb compact flash card and into an adaptor, put in my machine and will not read the designs. the screen stays blank after the hour glass has completed its run.
Desperate
Anette
Novice

24 Sep 2008 1:10 AM Alert 
Hi ,
I also have a Janome that uses the flash cards. I had this same problem you have. What I did is reformated my flash card on my embroidery machine. Then I re downloaded my designs to the flasdh cardand the adapter. Turn on you r machine first, insert your flash card with your designs. It may show nothing, then press your card icon again on your machine and that should bring up your designs.
If this doesn't work contact your dealer or Janome support.
Hope this helps.
ms_scarlet
Novice

24 Sep 2008 2:12 AM Alert 

thank you for your info,

is your machine the janome 9700, if so how did you format your flashcard

Novice

24 Sep 2008 3:26 AM Alert 

I have 2 Janome machines. one is 9000 which sews and embroideries. It takes the cards you buy or you can download files and use a program to to change them to jef and then save themm to you r card.

The other is just embropicdery Janome 350E. That's the one I use the flash cards with. You should have an option under mode and the option set.

Taht's where you can change speed, english, threads, center etc. It should say ATCP card then format. click on that and it will ask you yes or no, tell it yes. Now you have a new blank card... try that

tms_scarlet

Novice

24 Sep 2008 4:56 AM Alert 

to scarlet, I see that your rank is novice, that will have to be changed. thank you so much for the advice regarding formatting my flash card, did just that and it works a treat.  will be sewing my life away now, will surface for a bite or two. this site is fantastic and wish I had found it sooner.

Novice

24 Sep 2008 7:41 AM Alert 
You are soc welcome. I am a somewhat more experienced than a novice but always still learning new ways of doing things with embroidery
smiles,
ms_scarlet
Novice

12 Jan 2009 12:32 AM Alert 

I am a total novice because I haven't even started embroidering but wanted to get to grips with the computer side forst! what I have found is that to open your pes files and then convert them to jef, you first have to open truesizer and then open the pes you want to convert. Click on save as and select jef et voila! I then copied them to a memory stick  and did as instructed but my memory Craft 200e won't recognise them! help with this, please!

Carole , France

Novice

12 Jan 2009 2:09 AM Alert 
 I reread all the good advice, formatted the memory stick on the machine irself - doh! - and success! Thank you!
Novice

13 Jan 2009 10:53 AM Alert 
You might want to format your new memory stick, and also try not to work on more that 256mb, if you go greater the flashcard or memory stick is to fast for your machine to recognise

15 Jan 2009 9:59 AM Alert 

No laughing please, i'm male and new with an MC200e, my question is....

if i compile a design in brother software including the stitching will it remain the same when i convert it for my machine or will it go back to the not-so-good standard stitching that comes with the MC?

thanks for any advice

20 Jan 2009 5:44 AM Alert 

dissappointing response, but no matter, i tried a few programs and designs and sorted it.

this must be the least attended thread, or maybe its just a very quiet forum compared to the others i use.

Novice

21 Jan 2009 2:15 AM Alert 

hi there,

just browsing the forums and noticed your question. The answer is, no matter the machine yyou have whenever you convert a file to pes, jef, sew, or hus, the stitches and density stays the same.  Whatever program you are usung automatically does that for you. Hope this helps you

ms_scarlet

21 Jan 2009 6:07 AM Alert 
Thanks Scarlet, much appreciate the reply
Novice

21 Jan 2009 8:46 AM Alert 

Did my reply help you any ?

ms_scarlet

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Forums > Embroidery Software > Janome > converting pes files to jef files

ActiveForums 3.6
Copyright 2010 EmbroideryStartup.com Advertise with us :: Privacy Statement :: Terms Of Use